Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Altec 288K vs GPA 399

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Hostboard Member mikebond's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Altec 288K vs GPA 399

    Hi guys!
    Anyone compared the sound of GPA 399 drivers vs Altec 288K drivers? I am very interested in the results of this comparison.

    With best regards,
    Mike

  2. #2
    HB Super Moderator
    Altec 288K vs GPA 399


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 288K vs GPA 399

    Quote Originally Posted by mikebond View Post
    Hi guys!
    Anyone compared the sound of GPA 399 drivers vs Altec 288K drivers? I am very interested in the results of this comparison.

    With best regards,
    Mike

    Hi Mike, I'm pretty sure the Altec 288K will go much higher than the 399, that was GPA's first Large Format I think.They have gotten much better since they were introduced.They are even making a 288H now in the "Classic Series"

  3. #3
    Hostboard Member mikebond's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2005
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 288K vs GPA 399

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Hi Mike, I'm pretty sure the Altec 288K will go much higher than the 399, that was GPA's first Large Format I think.They have gotten much better since they were introduced.They are even making a 288H now in the "Classic Series"
    WOW! Very interesting! I did not saw any info about 288H! Can you tell me more?

  4. #4
    HB Super Moderator
    Altec 288K vs GPA 399


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Altec 288K vs GPA 399

    Quote Originally Posted by mikebond View Post
    WOW! Very interesting! I did not saw any info about 288H! Can you tell me more?
    They are made to Order ! You have to call them and place an order, after payment, they will start building you Alnico 288H's.

    One of our members here has a pair of the GPA 288H's "Classic Series" and can probably give you more details,costs,etc...

    Steve Mac. Bill had them listed on his eBay store recently.Best thing to do, is Call.

    http://shop.ebay.com/$billatgpa/m.ht...&_trksid=p3686

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.